Continuing professional development
New webinar in Learnit: ‘The worst day at work’
Explore the nature of risk assessment, vicarious trauma, plus management of transference and countertransference by viewing the video recording of the live webinar: ‘The worst day at work: vicarious trauma, transference and countertransference’.
- Dr Gabriel Feiler, consultant psychiatrist (St Vincent’s Health, Melbourne)
- Dr George Halasz, child and adolescent consultant psychiatrist and adjunct senior lecturer (Department of Psychiatry, Monash University)
- Associate Professor Josephine Beatson, psychiatrist and psychoanalytic psychotherapist (Department of Psychiatry, University of Melbourne)
Review the video recording of the live webcast, to hear fellows of the RANZCP discuss treating some of the most difficult types of patients, including those with borderline and narcissistic personality disorders. In particular, the presenters will discuss:
- a psychiatrist’s personal experiences of dealing with a patient’s suicide
- psychodynamics and subsequent countertransference challenges involved in a patient’s suicide
- mechanisms of vicarious trauma, dissociation, and how we can better manage it
Login to view the webinar (members only).